J'ai Trouvé un Appartement!

Well, my Facebook album title officially doesn't apply anymore...I have found an apartment! A 23 square meter studio is officially yours truly. After days and days of searching and looking to settle for disgusting and cheap apartments, I finally found a perfect studio. While I planned on having roommates, finding a 2 bedroom apartment in the city center of Angers (after the students already moved in) was proving to be very, very difficult.

So, I started looking for any apartment available and not just 2 bedrooms anymore. I will post pictures once I move in on Friday, but it has a great kitchen area and the bedroom is on a 2 step platform, which is nice because it almost separates it and makes it seem like I am living in more than one room haha.

For future TAPIF-ers, people will provide you with websites like appartager and leboncoin; however, there are SO many other helpful websites I found. I used seloger.com religiously and a lot of the websites of rental agencies will have great listings on there as well. Also, make sure you have a french phone number before you start searching. Most of the ads never responded to emails and a phone call was needed, or they would call you instead of emailing you back. And, coming from someone who is not confident with their French right now, calling was intimidating and visiting apartments was intimidating. While you may feel stupid or annoying at the time, it all works out and everyone understands each other in the end.

Well, jusqu'a vendredi mes amis. Je vais poster les photos a bientôt.

Bisous,
Libby

PS: aiking for adventure now has an instagram.
Username: aiking.for.adventure
Link: instagram.com/aiking.for.adventure

Comments

  1. Yay for not being homeless. Fingers crossed for being roomies in a couple months.
    XO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts