Pre-Departure


Well, after months and months of anticipation, I am now less than 48 hours away from officially being in Europe. Although I have had months to prepare, the fact I will be spending the next four months in Florence, Italy has not hit me in the slightest. 


Somehow, over twenty years later, I have yet to leave the United States (yes, I just got my passport a few months ago). I also am about to be living in the land of pizza, bread, and pasta, which sounds amazing, until I tell you that I am gluten-intolerant…however, my extensive research on "how to be gluten-free in Italy" luckily proved my initial thoughts wrong. Apparently Italy is very gluten-free friendly! Let’s hope when I get there that it is actually true…

While I tried to prepare myself by looking through countless travel blogs, Florence guides, Italy for dummies books, Pinterest boards, and more, I still have absolutely no idea what I am getting myself into. My friend, Emma Hentzen, and I even *attempted* to make authentic antipasto to get us in the Italian mindset. Whether I eat my way through Italy or find a way travel through as much of Europe as possible, the next four months will definitely be an experience that I will never forget.

On this blog I will (try to) post travel experiences, pictures, and more. But for now I will continue to stress-out about how to pack for a four-month trip…

Arrivederci!
Libby

Comments

Popular Posts